There is an another update of tablet like interface but this time it is for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989. Thanks to the developer starskyrob who developed the ROM. FoxstarMOD TabletUI Hybrid ROM for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2. It is a CM9 based ICS Android 4.0 ROM which lets you experience a full tablet oriented interface with a 4.5” screen. The ROM is in it’s early stage so there should be few bugs/issues present.
- CPU Governor MUST BE CHANGED. Use SystemTUNER to change to preferred governor. CM settings force it stuck in performance mode. Use system tuner to change to something you’d prefer, unless you LOVE battery drain and cpu being pegged
- SD Card mounting via USB [Can be done in CWM]
- Graphical Overlay Issues
- No Camera
- On boot, you may get a pop-up asking for “SIM network unlock PIN”. Just press Cancel.
- Use only 2G networks does not work
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device and bringing the device back to the original condition is somewhat difficult, so always play from the safe side.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device. Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
- Make sure that your device is having ClockWorkMod Recovery installed.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install FoxstarMOD TabletUI Hybrid ROM On T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- Install CWM touch recovery from -HERE.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file to your SD card.
- Switch off your phone and then Boot it into recovery. In recovery use Volume buttons to navigate and power button to select
- Then Select mounts and storage, then:
- Select format system and select Yes on the next screen to confirm.
- Select format data and select Yes on the next screen to confirm.
- Select format cache and select Yes on the next screen to confirm.
- Then, go back to main recovery menu.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 2 and select the same.
- Now confirm the installation by selecting “YES”. Now ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is finished go back and reboot your device.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the FoxstarMOD TabletUI Hybrid ROM on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2.. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.