An OTA (Over the Air) update has been arrived for the smartphone HTC Rezound. This update is based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. This update is leaked by the Android Police who also provide the first leaked ICS ROM for the Rezound. The XDA developer scrosler has also developed the rooted and deodexed package of the ROM, for that you’ll need an unlocked bootloader with S-Off. We have written two methods first is for the completely stock ROM and the second method you will get the rooted version of the ROM, so choose accordingly.
- Facebook force close when you tap a video album
- Roaming charges when in Canada and mexico
- “Android updating” message on power up
- Camera not launching (works for some, doesn’t work for others)
- Hotspot turning off after 10 minutes
- Exchange mail account removed after FOTA
- Card dock limiting charging current
- “Set Current Date” popping up frequently
- BUA+ (multiple issues)
- Flash player removed
- OTA over incorrect APN
- OTA SW update time
- Camera dark when using Facelock
- Text field difficult to read
Read on to know how you can install ICS ROM on your HTC Rezound.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC Rezound.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Samsung Captivate Device drivers should be installed on your Computer
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Update HTC Rezound to Ice Cream Sandwich 3.13.605.7 Fimware
Method 1 (SIMPLE) – For those who have a completely stock device with a locked bootloader
- Download the firmware from – HERE.
- Rename the downloaded file to PH98IMG.zip.
- Copy the PH98IMG.zip to your SD card.
- Switch off the device.
- Boot it into fastboot mode. To do so, Press and Hold Volume Down+ Power button.
- Installation should now start automatically .
- The phone will reboot after installation is complete and you’ll boot into the new ICS firmware.
Method 2(Advanced) – For those who have an unlocked bootloader with S-Off & CWM Recovery installed
- Make sure you have installed CWM Clockworkmod recovery installed on your HTC Rezound, the bootloader of the phone is unlocked, and you have obtained S-Off on the device.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Switch off the device and boot it into bootloader by Pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device that is Install Stock Rooted – 3.13.605.7.zip and select the same.
- Important! If you were on a Gingerbread firmware before flashing this ROM, which means this is the first time you’re installing an ICS ROM on your Rezound, follow the next step. If you were on the previous ICS firmware for the Rezound before flashing this firmware, skip the next step and go directly to step 8.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” then select the Old Firmware Patch.zip file (which was put on the SD card automatically when the ROM was installed) and select it. Then select yes.
- After installation is complete select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot the device.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed ICS ROM on your HTC Rezound. . If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.