An update of CM9 has arrived for the Samsung Galaxy Note which is based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. This update bring you a fast and smooth ICS experience with many customization options. Samsung is taking there time for releasing official ICS ROM for note but don’t wait for the official ROM just download the CM9 ROM. The ROM is in it’s alpha mode means in it’s early stages so there should be few bugs/issues present.
- Microphone during phone calls doesn’t work (you can hear other people but they won’t hear you – mic in apps like Skype or Vocal recognition works fine though).
- Video recording doesn’t work.
- Movie Studio is broken.
- E-pen isn’t aligned properly in landscape.
- Boot animation not scaled properly.
Read on to know how you can install CM9 on your Galaxy Note.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Galaxy Note.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Galaxy Note Device drivers should be installed on your Computer
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install CM9 On Galaxy Note
- You must use the touch enabled CWM recovery to install this ROM on your phone.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps package - GAAPS.
- Transfer the two downloaded .zip file to the SD card.
- Switch off the device and boot it CWM recovery. To do so, Press and Hold Volume UP + Volume Down +Power Button for device to turn on itself.
- Do a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM so you can always restore it from recovery if something gets wrong.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 2 and select the same.
- Now, wait for the installation to get completed.
- After the ROM is installed go to the main recovery menu.
- Then repeat step 8 but this time select the Google apps package file gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip to install the Google apps package.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest CM9 ROM on your AT&T Skyrocket . If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.