A ROM has been arrived for the Galaxy S2. Galaxy S2 is getting back to back ROM’s and people are installing on their Galaxy S2 as well. This ROM is based on ICS Android 4.0. The AOSP ROM which has been developed by the XDA modder remorema has a no-frills stock Android 4.0 experience. It removes lot of stock apps found on other ROMs so there is an app menu with only a single page of usable apps. The ROM is under development so there should be few bugs to be expected.
- Wi-Fi direct not working.
- TV Out not working.
- Blueish color when using camera effects.
Read on to Know how you can install R3mor3ma AOSP Edition ROM on your Galaxy S2.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Galaxy S2.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Galaxy S2 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install R3mor3ma AOSP Edition ROM On Your Galaxy S2:
- Flash the XXLPQ firmare from - HERE.
- Install XXLPQ to go into CWM recovery from – HERE.
- Download the R3mor3ma AOSP Edition ROM ROM from – HERE.
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file to your SD card.
- Switch off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery. To do this, Press and Hold Volume Up+ Home+ Power.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 4 and select the same.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats, you’ve successfully installed the R3mor3ma AOSP Edition ROM on Your Samsung Galaxy S2.