The SE Xperia Neo gets a AOKP ROM. The ROM has been developed by the XDA member kormatoes. It is based on smooth and customizable ICS. The ROM is in alpha mode that is in it’s early stage so there should be some bugs and issues present at this time which should be fixed in some time.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the SE Xperia Neo.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- SE Xperia Neo Device drivers should be installed on your Computer
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install AOKP ROM On Your Xperia Neo
- Download the unlocked bootloader for you device from – HERE.
- Now, Install ADB on your PC from - HERE.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps Package (GAAPS) from – HERE.
- Transfer the 2 .zip files to your SD card downloaded in 4th and 5th step.
- Download kernel from – HERE.
- Extract CM9.zip file to obtain a file name that is cm9.img.
- Download fastboot from – HERE.
- Extract fastboot.zip to the C:\ drive on your PC then you should have 4 files inside a folder names Fastboot.
- Copy the cm9.img file to the fastboot folder . Sample is shown in the image below:
- Now Connect your phone to the PC in fastboot mode. To do this first plug the USB cable to PC, then pick up your phone and hold the Menu key, and then, while holding the Menu key, connect the USB cable to your phone.
- Now, open command prompt on your PC.
- In command prompt type the following commands to flash the KERNEL:
- When the kernel is flashed, you will get a finished message in command prompt window. Then disconnect the device from PC.
- Now, switch on the device. As the blue blue LED lights up, start pressing the back button on your phone continuously until you boot it into Recovery.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 5 that is ROM and select the same. After the ROM is installed , go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now repeat step 13 but this time select the gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip file. Then select yes to confirm installation.
- After the installation is completed, reboot your system by selecting reboot system now and boot up into AOKP ROM.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the AOKP ROM on your SE Xperia Neo .If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky. …