A new update has been arrived for the international GSM Galaxy Nexus that is IMM76I which is based on Android 4.0.4 and it is delivered through an OTA update. This update is not official but some users have received it on their devices. It seems to be a minor update which fixes signal issues that is experienced by some GSM users. This OTA update has been developed by the XDA developer bilalakhtar . This update is only for the GSM Galaxy Nexus so don’t try it on Verizon CDMA variant of galaxy nexus.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the GSM Galaxy Nexus.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- GSM Galaxy Nexus Device drivers should be installed on your Computer
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install IMM76I Update on GSM Galaxy Nexus
- Unlock the bootloader on Galaxy Nexus from- HERE.
- Update your device to the stock Android 4.0.4 IMM76D firmware from – HERE.
- Install CWM on your device from – HERE.
- Download the IMM76I firmware from- HERE.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your SD card.
- Switch off the device and boot it into CWM recovery. To do so, Press and Hold Volume Up+ Volume Down+ Power button together.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 5 and select the same. After the ROM is installed , go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now confirm the installation by selecting ‘”Yes”.
- After the installation is completed, reboot your system by selecting reboot system now.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the IMM76I firmware on your GSM Galaxy Nexus.If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.