Another firmware has been released for the Epic 4G Touch which is based on ICS Android 4.0. The latest firmware update for the Epic 4G Touch is FD16 is leaked and the XDA developer agat63 has released a pre-rooted package of the firmware and now you can simply install through ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
Read on to know how you can install FD16 firmware on your Epic 4G Touch.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Epic 4G Touch.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Epic 4G Touch Device drivers should be installed on your Computer
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install FD16 on Epic 4G Touch
- Download the FD16 firmware from - HERE.
- Transfer the downloaded .ZIP file to your SD card.
- Switch off your phone and boot the phone into ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
- Perform a wipe on your device. To do that, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 2 and select the same.
- Confirm the installation by selecting yes.
- Now, wait for the installation to get completed.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest FD16 firmware on your Epic 4G Touch . If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky. .