A new ROM has been arrived for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 based on Android 4.0 which has been developed by the XDA developer alphadog. This MIUI ROM comes with WeUI feature, which lets you customize a few things before you install the ROM. This ROM also comes with other MIUI features that are unique notification bar, theme support etc. The ROM is currently under development and is a bugified beast as the developer call it. The biggest bugs is that it doesn’t get a network signals so you cannot make calls or use data network connection.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. The ROM has been developed by XDA Developer alphadog.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device and bringing the device back to the original condition is somewhat difficult, so always play from the safe side.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device. Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
- Make sure that your device is having ClockWorkMod Recovery installed.
Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by applying this firmware update, this is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install MIUI 4 ROM On your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
- Download the ROM File which has to be flashed to the device.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your mobile phone.
- Switch off the device, then boot it into recovery mode.Press and Hold Volume Down and Volume UP + Power Button, which will take you to the fastboot mode, Just select Recovery from there and you’ll be soon on your in the recovery mode.
- Perform a wipe on your device. To do that, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Then select “Wipe Cache” and again select “YES” to confirm the same.
- After that go to “advanced” and select “wipe dalvik cache” and confirm by selecting “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 2 and select the same.
- Now, wait for the installation to get completed.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest MIUI 4 ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.