Your lucky if you’re device gets an official CyanogenMod ROM for itself. The Galaxy S2 i777 is a well known variant of Samsung Galaxy S2. The CyanogenMod 9 ROM based on Android Ice Cream Sandwich is now available for the device and due course of this article we’ll be covering up the process for same. CM9 is an well known ROM which is based on Android ICS, comes with lots of stuff and stability. The ROM is officially launched so updates will keep on coming every day. Special thanks to the developer atinm from the Cyanogenmod team.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device and bringing the device back to the original condition is somewhat difficult, so always play from the safe side.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by applying this firmware update, this is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Galaxy S2 AT&T.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device. Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Galaxy S2 AT&T Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery Installed.
How TO Install CM9 ROM on Galaxy S2
- Download the CM9 ROM and the Gapps package.
- Transfer both downloaded files to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone and now reboot into CWM Recovery. To do so, Press and Hold Volume UP + Volume Down + Power. Your device will itself boot into CWM Recovery. You can operate the recovery mode using Volume Keys.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the files that you had transferred to your device. First install the AOKP ROM and after that install the Gapps file.
- After the installation is complete. Go back and select “wipe data/factory reset” then select YES on the next screen.
- Now, go back and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed CM9 ROM on Your device.