Finally, you can Jailbreak the devices having iOS 5 in them, the devices which have iOS pre-installed are iPhone 4S and iPad and due course of this article we’ll be covering up how we can jailbreak both of devices. The dev “Greenp0ison” has released a new application named “absinthe” which can be used to jailbreak the device in an very easy way.
Jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 iOS 5 using Absinthe
Disclaimer: Jailbreaking or unlocking an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad is a tough and very complex process that requires complete technical skills. It’s for experienced and the technologically savvy users. It can also cause problems on your devices as it opens security holes (many cases), in both of which Apple may not help you fix. If you unlock or jailbreak your iOS device, you’re doing so at your own risks and you may be on your own to fix any problems that come up with you. We take no guarantee.
How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 using Absinthe
- Download the Absinthe[mac] application to your computer, extract and install it.
- Connect your device (iPhone or iPad Running on iOS 5) via the USB cable.
- Run the application named Absinthe which can be found inside the extracted folder.
- Now, Click on “jailbreak” to run the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbreak application from absinthe.
- It will take small time to complete the process, keep doing which the computer prompts to.
- When the process is completed, you would need to find the Absinthe icon on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, tap on the icon, it will load the Greenp0ison site, and your device will be jailbreaked.
- The Absinthe icon will be replaced with Cydia once the device has been restarted.
- That’s it!! You’ve Successfully jailbreaked your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S.
Some users got a error message saying “Error establishing Database Connection” if you’re one of them, then go to Settings > VPN > ON. The problem will be fixed, if not restart after turning VPN On.