Rooting is a process allowing users of mobile phones, tablet PCs, and other devices running the Android operating system to attain privileged control (known as “root access”) within Android’s subsystem. If you have Motorola Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global then read on to know how to root Motorola Droid 2 and Droid 2.
How to Root Motorola Droid 2/Droid 2 Global
Rooting Android 2.2 ROMs
- Download the z4root app from- HERE.
- Copy the APK file to your phone and install it.
- Open the z4root app on the phone.
- In it, select the Permanent Root option to Root your device permanently. The device will reboot automatically, after the rooting is complete.
Rooting Android 2.3 Roms
- Download the Pete’s Motorola Root Tools one-click package.
- Extract all the files of Petes MotorolaRootTools_v1.07.zip file to any viable location on your PC.
- Connect your device to the PC with USB debugging turned on.
- Locate and Open the file Petes Motorola Root Tools in the folder where you have extracted.
- Click on Root My Phone button to start rooting your device.
- The phone will restart three times after this the rooting process is completed.
That’s it you have successfully rooted your device .