All of you know well about AOPK ROM. It is one of the most effective and famous ROMs. It is based on ICS android 4.0. This AOKP ROM is developed for Motorola Droid 2 possessors. The ROM is presently under development and has some bugs. But they should get rectified as the ROM is under development. Please address all the bugs and issues for help in developing the ROM.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device and bringing the device back to the original condition is somewhat difficult, so always play from the safe side.
Pre-Requisites Before Installing AOKP ROM on Motorola Droid 2
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Motorola Droid 2
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device. Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Motorola Droid 2 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by applying this firmware update, this is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install AOKP ROM on Motorola Droid 2
- Install the CM9 ROM on your device first. The Guide can be found here.
- Download the AOKP ROM and the Google Apps Package.
- Transfer both the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Boot Into CWM Recovery.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the files that you had transferred to your device. First install the AOKP ROM and after that install the Gapps file.
- Now, wait for the installation to get completed.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the AOKP ROM on your Motorola Droid 2.