An update has been leaked for HTC Desire HD. Thanks to the XDA Developer “QD2DC” who has developed the ROM. It is been dubbed as Blackout ICS XL ROM. The rom is developed for HTC Sensation XL and is based on Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM and it also includes the Sense 3.6 overlay. The ROM is still in under development and there can be a few bugs on the ROM.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
About the rom
- Android Version: 4.0.3 (IceCream Sandwich)
- Based on: Sensation XL 2.12 (No Resizing Needed!)
- Sense Version: 3.6
- 2G/3G/HSPDA Data! – Only DHD Tested! Need Inpire 4G/Telus user Feedback/Help
- Proximity sensor
- Audio (no beats audio)
- Phone calls/Sms/Mms
- Video playback
- Keys/Key lights
- USB Mount – Used 3rd party app for now
- GPU Acceleration (2D rendering UI)
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
Pre-Requisites Before Installing XXLPH ROM
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC Desire HD.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Desire HD
- Firstly, Download the ROM from official dev thread.
- Now transfer the file to the root of your SD Card.
- Now switch off your mobile phone, boot into CWM Recovery now. To do this, press and hold Volume Down + Power Button.
- Do a wipe on your your device. Then select “Mounts and Storage” >> “Format System” Confirm on the next screen.
- Now, “Format Data” and “Format Cache” and confirm both.
- Go to “advanced” >> “wipe dalvik cache” and confirm same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you have transferred earlier on the device.
- Then Confirm the installation, and wait till the completion.
- Now ,Go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats you’ve successfully installed the Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on your HTC Desire HD. Thanks to Bloggers Social Network.
I am Samith Jhon a content writer and a Professional Blogger. I am certified with VCP-410 examwhich is very popular these days and have a great scope in the field of IT Certification. I always like to take certification exams and now I have planned to pass VCP510 exam. These kinds of exams could secure your future as well as your job.