Ever since Steve Jobs, the late CEO of Apple, announced back in 2010 that his company would not permit Adobe Flash to be installed in future versions of the Apple iOS mobile operating system, giving the reasons that he considered Flash to be excessively power hungry, unstable and insufficiently secure, and instead indicated that Apple would concentrate on HTML5 for rich content, HTML5 has been playing a catch up game with Adobe Flash.
Effectively this was a standoff between the two most important mobile operating systems, iOS and Android, the latter of which made use of Adobe Flash. However in November 2011 it seemed that much of the catch-up had been accomplished when Adobe announced that they would concentrate on HTML5, and though they would support existing versions of Flash they would cease further development of the software. Flash will not be available for Android 4.1 jellybean or for subsequent versions of Android.
This does not mean that Flash type mobile applications will die. Instead Adobe will continue to develop its Adobe AIR platform. This is a cross platform system that is compatible with both HTML5 and Flash and enables developers to create stand alone applications that can run on both Android and iOS. Apple now permits Adobe AIR to be used to create iOS applications.
Jackpot city Online Casino has developed HTML5 and Flash versions of its mobile casino which means that it serves users of both Apple and Android mobile devices. Since rolling out the HTML5 version, the revenues from users of Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads rose from 15% to 20% of all mobile users with the other 80% being users of Android smartphones and tablet computers.
Adobe AIR has been incorporated into the software development platform which best UK online casinos use. This means that clients receive a consistent experience, which no longer depends on the operating system used by their mobile device.