Interesting news is live for all HTC Sensations users, as here arrives the CM10 which is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has made its way for HTC first dual core device, HTC Sensation. Well, Jelly Bean has many features as we had discussed previously and HTC Sensation users can also try out the same and we should be thankful to XDA developers for this Jelly Bean.
Note: This release of Jelly Bean is still under development stages and it is not so stable or can be used for daily use, so it’s just released for users to take a preview of Jelly Bean/ CM10 as of now since there are various things which won’t work. Also, CM10 is in a very preliminary stage right now and there’s no specific list of features in CM10.
Read on to know how you can install the Jelly Bean 4.1 on your HTC Sensation with CM10.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on a wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC Sensation.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- HTC Sensation Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is a very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install CM10 based Jelly Bean on HTC Sensation
- Install root your device, HTC Evo 4G LTE.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps Package – HERE
- Transfer the downloaded .zip files to your SD card.
- Switch off your device and boot it into CWM recovery mode. To do this, Press and Hold Volume down + Power. You will be able to see a HBOOT menu then. In HBOOT menu, press Volume down to select the Recovery option and press the Power button to activate it.
- In boot loader, select the option of RECOVERY to enter into recovery mode.
- Next, perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, which will be helpful for you to restore if anything goes wrong while installing this ROM. To do so, just select the option of Backup and Restore ->, select Backup on the next screen once again and now wait till the backup is finished and make sure that you’ve at least 1GB free storage space on your SD card if you want to obtain a successful backup
- In recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Next, Select “wipe cache partition” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and select ICS 4.0.4 Package followed by Google Apps ZIP Package that you had transferred to your device earlier and select the same. Installation will get started.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats, you’ve successfully installed the CM10 based Jelly Bean on HTC Sensation.