Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now available for Kindle Fire and this one is the Jelly Bean Tablet edition and it gives a overall tablet User Interface as we see it on all Android tablets as a replacement to the usual Phone-like User interface and also offers stock Android experience and many features of Jelly Bean like smoother performance, improved search, Google now, and many more. Again, this ROM is in development stages and as such few minor bugs and issues can occur in the ROM.
Read on to know how you can install the Tablet UI Based Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Kindle Fire.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know aboutall these things. Trying these things on a wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Amazon Kindle Fire Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is a very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install Tablet UI-Based Jelly Bean on the Kindle Fire
- Install the TWRP recovery on your device from - HERE.
- Download ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps Package – HERE
- Transfer the downloaded .zip files to your SD card.
- Switch off your device and boot it into TWRP recovery mode. To do this, To do this, turn off the device. Then, press the Power button to turn it on and when you see the triangle on the screen, press the Power button again to enter TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Wipe, and then select Factory reset to wipe data.
- Now, select “Install’ and select ROM that you had transferred to your device earlier and select the same. Installation will get started. After installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, once again, select “Install” and select Google Apps Package that you had transferred to your device earlier and select the same. Installation will get started.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats, you’ve successfully installed the Tablet-UI based Jelly Bean on Kindle Fire.
Steve is a modern technology supporter. He really loves to discover, and actually create content in this type of tech blogs. He is in addition a 3d renderings professional attributable to his continuous exercise. For people involved in the architectural rendering services arena and looking into some high-quality examples you may explore the web site he controls.