It’s really rejoicing news for all HTC One X users that they can now update their devices with the all new, latest and grandest Android ROM i.e. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This all new Android version is extremely features like smoother performance, Voice search, etc. Note that it is not an official firmware by HTC or Google Inc. but has been extracted from SDK (Software Developer Kit).
Read on to know how you can install the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know aboutall these things. Trying these things on a wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC One X.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- HTC One X Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is a very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X
- Unlock Bootloader – HERE
- Install CWM recovery on your device HTC One X) from - HERE.
- Download Unofficial Jelly Bean ROM from – HERE.
- Also Install HTC Sync and drivers on your computer – Download HTC Sync.
- Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM – HERE
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file to your SD card.
- Next, download the Flash_Boot.zip file from → here to flash required kernel on your phone.
- Extract the Flash_Boot.zip file in your computer.
- Next, open the ROM file on your computer and extract the boot.img file inside it to get the boot.img file and now copy this boot.img file in the folder where you have extracted “Flash_Boot.img” file in the last step.
- Turn off the phone to enter it into bootloader mode which can be done by pressing and holding – Volume Down + Power button. Next, select FASTBOOT from there.
- Now, you will have to open the flash-boot-windows.bat file from the extracted folder which will flash the required kernel. Once the kernel is flashed, the device will be rebooting on its own.
- Now, press the power button on the phone to select BOOTLOADER, then select the RECOVERY option and select it using the power button to boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Next, Select “wipe cache partition” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and select Unofficial Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM that you had transferred to your device earlier and select the same. Installation will get started.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats, you’ve successfully installed the Unofficial Jelly Bean Android 4.1 Update on HTC One X.