Samsung is developing back to back firmwares for Galaxy S2. The previous one was XWLP7 and the latest is XWLP8.Samsung is working very hard on getting Android 4.0 ICS update to their Galaxy S2 in all over the world. XWLP8 firmware has been leaked for the Australian Optus version of the Galaxy S2 which updates the Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0.3. If you are not using the Optus/Australian version of the Galaxy S2, then it is best to try the XWLP7 firmware for UK regions - HERE.
Read on to know how you can flash the XWLP8 firmware on Galaxy S2.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
Pre-Requisites Before Installing XWLP8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install XWLP8 ROM Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- Download the firmware from – HERE.
- Extract the downloaded file to your SD card.
- Download Odin software from – HERE.
- Switch off your device and disconnect it from your PC.
- Boot the device into download mode.To do so, Press and Hold Volume Down+Home+Power Button and then press Volume up to continue in download mode.
- Open Odin.
- Connect your phone to the PC now.
- Now click the PDA button in Odin and select – I9100XWLP8
_I9100OPSL P4_I9100XX LPS_HOME.t ar.md5.
- Now hit the start button to start flashing of XWLP8 firmware.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest XWLP8 firmware on Galaxy S2 i9100. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky. .