An AOSP Android 4.0.4 ROM is available for AT&T Galaxy S2 which is a ICS ROM. This ROM is known as F1 GalaxyNexus ROM. The ROM is built completely from Android sources which bring you to the stock Android 4.0 experience as found on GalaxyNexus. The ROM has many features, some of the features are listed below.
Features of the ROM:
- Android ICS 4.0.4 (IMM76I – Android-4.0.4_r1.2)
- All ICS Features and Apps (Nothing excluded from AOSP)
- ZERO Bloatware
- Official ICS Bootanimation (From Official Nexus S 4.0.4 Firmware)
- Galaxy S II Settings In The Launcher (Device Settings)
- Tweaked Scrolling Cache (Smooth Scrolling)
- T9 Dialer Functionality
- Notification Toggles (Press and hold the settings icon in the notification bar to reveal them)
- 180 degree rotation enabled
- Video Recording in MP4 with higher bit rate and Stereo Audio Recording
Read on to know how you can installed F1 GalaxyNexus ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S2.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know aboutall these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the AT&T Galaxy S2.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- AT&T Galaxy S2 Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install F1 GalaxyNexus on AT&T Galaxy S2
- Check properly that you have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your device.
- Download the F1 GalaxyNexus ROM from HERE.
- Download GAAPS Google Apps package from - HERE.
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file that you’ve downloaded in 3rd and 4th step.
- Switch off the device and boot it into recovery mode. To do so, Press and Hold Volume Up+Volume Down+Power button together.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the files that you had transferred to your device that is the ROM.
- After installation is complete select “choose zip from sdcard” again and then select GAAPS file to install .zip file.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed F1 GalaxyNexus ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S2. Let us know if you get any problems in installing the ROM.