An CM9 ROM has been arrived for the AT&T Galaxy Note. You all know very well about CyanogenMod and all of you know that you eagerly want CM9 which is based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on your AT&T Galaxy note. Thanks to the XDA member hOtw1r3 who developed an unofficial ROM for AT&T Galaxy Note. If you are waiting for Samsung or AT&T to release official update don’t wait.
Read on to know how you can install CM9 on your AT&T Galaxy Note.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about CustomROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the AT&T Galaxy Note.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- AT&T Galaxy Note Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install CM9 On AT&T Galaxy Note
- Install the UCLD3 firmware on your AT&T Galaxy Note form – HERE.
- Make sure that you have installed CWM Recovery from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps package – GAAPS.
- Transfer the 2 downloaded .zip file to your SD card.
- Switch off your device and then boot it into CWM Recovery. To do so, Press and Hold Volume Up+ Power and then press Volume Up key to continue into Download mode.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 4 that is ROM and select the same.
- Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes”.
- After installation is complete go back to main recovery menu.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Then, Repeat the step 6 and this time select on the gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip file.
- After installation is complete select go back and then select “Reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest Latest CM9 ROM On your AT&T galaxy Note . If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.