These days more and more custom ROMs are developing day by day. A new ROM rEmIxRoM has been arrived for the Galaxy S based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. Lot of custom ROMs are coming for the smartphone Galaxy S. Thans to the XDA developer monish1995 who developed the rEmIxRoM ROM. The ROM comes with Android 4.0, CM9 and TouchWiz which makes the ROM look more smarter. The ROM has some features which we have mentioned below.
Features of the rEmIxRoM ROM -
- Latest CM9 20120516 NIGHTLY build
- Optimus 4X Lockscreen
- Touchwiz Launcher, icons, Calculator, Clock, Memo apps.
- Samsung Apps
- Touchwiz Task Manager
- Modified framework-res for more Touchwiz Look
- MIUI Player with Widget
- Google Play Music Modified for a more Touchwiz Look
Read on to know how you can install the rEmIxRoM on your Galaxy S.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCKFIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Galaxy S.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Galaxy S Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How to Install rEmIxRoM ROM On Galaxy S
- Remove sim card lock if you have set it.
- Flash the XXJW4 firmare from - HERE.
- Root XXJW4 to go into CWM recovery from – HERE.
- Download the rEmIxRoM ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps Package – GAAPS.
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file in step 4 and 5 file to your SD card.
- Switch off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery. To do this, Press and Hold Volume Up+ Home.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 5 and select the same.
- The device will reboot in into recovery in middle of installation.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the rEmIxRoM on your Galaxy S.