Now, if you want to install latest Android 4.0.4 ICS IMM76I ROM on your Samsung Vibrant you can install it with the help of XDA forum member toryheal . The member developed a similar ROM for the Galaxy S that provides you an amazing stock Android experience. Android 4.0.4 is the latest version of the Android OS which brings a stability and noticeable performance with the OS. Some Features of the ROM are mentioned below.
Features of the ROM:
- Built from Android sources (IMM76I)
- Improved notification bar toggles: long press a toggle to go to related Settings menu; multi-state sound toggle.
- Numeric battery indicator.
- Brightness control in status and notifications bars
- Real and improved auto brightness: brightness really goes down when light decreases.
- Extended power menu with reboot, recovery and screenshot.
- Video face effects working
- Application killing with long press on back button
- Choose storage in Camera application
- Power button shooter in Camera application
- Timer option in Camera application
- T9 Dialer
- Removed “R” roaming indicator for national roaming
- Root, Busybox and SuperSU
- Kernel Glitch
Read on to know how you can install Latest ICS Android 4.0.4 ROM IMM76I on your Samsung vibrant.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC Sensation.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- HTC Sensation Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install RMS ROM On Samsung Vibrant
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps package - GAAPS.
- Transfer the 2 .zip files to your SD card that you’ve downloaded in 1st and 2nd step.
- Turn off the device. Enter into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) mode. To do so, Press and Hold Volume Up+ Volume Down+ Power Button together.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 3 that is ROM and select the same.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” and now this time select the Gapps file on the SD card then select it to start installation of GAAPS.
- After GAAPS package installation completes go back to main recovery menu select advanced followed by fix Permissions.
- After selecting fix Permissions, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest Latest ICS Android 4.0.4 ROM IMM76I on your Samsung vibrant. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.