An update has been leaked for the device HTC sensation. The CM9 nightly support is something a lot of users consider to be a milestone for a particular device. Now the CM9 has been arrived for the HTC sensation which is the HTC first dual-core smartphone. CM9 comes with Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 to huge Android devices with very fast performance and useful options. The CM9 is in under development and not fully completed so there should be few bugs expected.
Read on to know how you can install CM9 ROM on your HTC sensation.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC Sensation.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- HTC Sensation Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install CM9 Nightly ROM On HTC Sensation
- Your Device must have S-off and Unlock the bootloader for you device from – HERE.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps package - GAAPS.
- Transfer the 2 .zip files to your SD card that you’ve downloaded in 2nd and 3rd step.
- Turn off the device. Enter into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) mode. To do so, Press and Hold Volume Down and then pressing Power key together. Then in the HBOOT menu, press Volume Down to select the recovery option and then press power button.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 4 that is ROM and select the same.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” and now this time select the Gapps file on the SD card then select it to start installation of GAAPS.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest CM9 ROM on your HTC sensation.. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky..