Here is a custom ROM for Galaxy S. This is Galaxy S3 Themed ROM for the device Galaxy S. Galaxy S3 was just recently announced and it is such a smartphone that impressed everyone with it’s hardware and software. The Galaxy S3 Themed ROM has been developed by the XDA member mkalter .The ROM ICSGS3 is based on Ice cream sandwich Android 4.0 for the Galaxy S that is themed to look like smartphone Galaxy S3. The features and bugs in the ROM has been listed below.
Features of ICSGS3 ROM:
- Themed apps like messaging,Agenda,calendar,contacts,gallery,Email,Google talk and many more.
- Beats audio add-on for improved sound
- Overclockable to 1.4 GHz
- Based on XXLPH Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 port
- Galaxy S3 wallpapers that can be downloaded → here.
Not working in ICSGS3 ROM:
Read on to know how you can install ICSGS3 themed ROM on your Galaxy S.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the Galaxy S.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- Galaxy S Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install ICSGS3 ROM On galaxy S
- Remove sim card lock if you have set it.
- Flash the XXJW4 firmare from - HERE.
- Root XXJW4 to go into CWM recovery from – HERE.
- Download the ICSGS3 from – HERE.
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file in step 4 file to your SD card.
- Switch off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery. To do this, Press and Hold Volume Up+ Home+ Power.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 5 and select the same.
- The device will reboot in into recovery in middle of installation.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest ICSGS3 ROM on your Galaxy S. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.