If you want to root your AT&T Infuse 4G and install Clockworkmod Recovery now it’s time to do that and do it with UCLB3. Thanks to the XDA forum member who developed the pre-rooted UCLB3 firmware the has also CWM recovery pre-installed in it. You must try the ROM on your AT&T Infuse 4G by reading the information given by us carefully.
Read on to know how you can install the rooted UCLB3 firmware on Your AT&T Infuse 4G.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
- The Steps mentioned here are for the AT&T Infuse 4G.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- AT&T Infuse 4G Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install UCLB3 with Root On CWM Recovery
- Download the UCLB3 firmware from – HERE.
- Extract the file - SGH-I997_UCLB3_CWM_root_deodex_busybox.rar that you’ve downloaded.
- After extracting the above file you’ll get a folder named SGH-I997_UCLB3_CWM_root_deodex_busybox with following files inside it:
- Odin3 v1.7.exe
- Readme.txt [ignore this file]
- Switch off your phone and boot it into reecovery. To do so, Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down +Power button together and release the power button when Samsung logo appears.
- Then using volume keys highlight the delete all user data option and select it using the power button. Then select yes to confirm it.
- After that go back to the main recovery menu then select “reboot system now”.
- Now, open Odin.
- Click on the PDA tab and then select I997UCLB3-CWM-root-deodex-busybox.tar.md5 file.
- Then put your device in download mode to do so – Connect USB cable to PC and then connect the cable to the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. The phone will say Downloading on the screen.
- You will receive a message saying Added.
- Now hit the start button the start the flashing of UCLB3 firmware.
Congo! You’ve successfully Installed UCLb3 firmware on your AT&T Infuse 4G. If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.