All of you know well about MIUI custom ROM’s. Now MIUI 4 ROM is available for the One S which have a lots of features including intuitive status bar, inbuilt themes support with thousands of fan made themes available, improved performance, and more. The ROM is developed by the XDA developer miui.us. The ROM is in it’s beta stages, but everything work perfectly. There should be a few bugs/issues present in the ROM.
If you want to know about the bugs present in the ROM then head over to official development page.
Read on to know how you can install MIUI 4 ROM on your HTC One S.
Note: The update has not been released by the company, and has been ported to the device through the recovery mode. Warranty of your mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
All the steps mentioned here are not for beginners who don’t have information about Custom ROMs, firmwares and Flashing. Don’t try any of these things on your device if you don’t know about all these things. Trying these things on an wrong manner can brick the device.
Pre-Requisites Before Installing Asnet MIUI 4 ROM On your Galaxy S2
- The Steps mentioned here are for the HTC One S.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup application, Sync all the contacts with the Gmail Application, take backup of call logs, Internet APN Settings and all important things that you’ve installed on your device.
- Copy all the notes manually to somewhere else as they will be deleted upon the flashing of the ROM.
- Battery should be completely charged.
- HTC One S Device drivers should be installed on your Computer.
Disclaimer (Core Tech SG)
We cannot be held responsible for any damage that is caused to your device by taking wrong step which is an very unlike event if you follow all of our mentioned instructions carefully. Proceed at your own risks.
How To Install MIUI 4 ROM On HTC One S
- Unlock the bootloader for you device from – HERE.
- Now, Install CWM recovery from -HERE.
- Download the ROM from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps package - GAAPS.
- Transfer the 2 .zip files to your SD card downloaded in 3rd and 4th step.
- Turn off the device. Enter into bootloader mode to do so, Press and Hold Volume Down and then pressing Power key together. Then select fastboot mode from there using the Volume buttons to navigate.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES”.
- Select “Install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and find the file that you had transferred to your device in Step 4 that is ROM and select the same.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” and now this time select the Gapps file on the SD card then select it to start installation of GAAPS.
- After the installation is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the latest MIUI 4 ROM on HTC ONE S . If you didn’t get luck with this, let us know in the comments so we can turn you lucky.